141st Pennsylvania Infantry

The 141st Pennsylvania Infantry served as members of Graham’s Brigade in Birney’s Division of the Third Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.

Monument to the 141st Pennsylvania Infantry. Gettysburg June 2012

Dedicated: Sept. 11, 1889.

Location: Located at the Peach Orchard on the south side of Wheatfield Road.  It indicates the position held by the 141st Pennsylvania Infantry between 4:00 and 6:00 P.M. on July 2, 1863.

Description: Monument consists of a two-course pedestal with a cross-gabled cap standing on a rough-hewn base. There is a relief of infantry accouterments on the front, above a bronze relief of the State Seal. Monument is a 3.11 foot square granite shaft with a cross gable cap and set on a 5.6 foot square rough hewn base. The shaft contains polished panels with inscriptions, and a relief of infantry accouterments and a bronze state seal tablet on the north side. Flanking markers are one foot square with apex tops and inscriptions.

Advertisements

114th Pennsylvania Infantry (Second Monument)

The 114th Pennsylvania Infantry served as members of Graham’s Brigade in Birney’s Division of the Third Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by two monuments.

114th Pennsylvania Marker. Gettysburg November 2009

Dedicated: 1902.

Location: Hancock Avenue, Cemetery Ridge. Located East side Hancock Avenue, South of the old Cyclorama building near a field stone fence.

Description: Indicates position of 114th Pennsylvania Infantry on the afternoon July 3, 1863 in support of Cowan’s 1st NY Battery. Shaft, rough-cut monolith with bronze tablet set in diamond pattern of the Third Corps.

114th Pennsylvania Infantry

The 114th Pennsylvania Infantry served as members of Graham’s Brigade in Birney’s Division of the Third Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by two monuments.

Monument to the 114th Pennsylvania Infantry. original (20248) original (20248) Gettysburg April 2011

Base dedicated: July 2, 1886; Sculpture dedicated: Nov. 11, 1888.

Location: Located on the west side of Emmitsburg Road in front of the Joseph Sherfy farm house. It is enclosed with a cast iron fence.  The monument indicates the position of the 114th Pennsylvania on the afternoon of July 2, 1863.

Description: A bronze figure of a Zouave loading his musket stands atop a granite shaft adorned with a bronze relief plaque. Monument is a two foot square polished granite shaft that is topped with a bronze statue of a Zouave and set on a three foot square smooth base. The shaft has inscriptions on all sides and a bronze state seal on the south face. Overall height is 12.8 foot. Flanking marker is one foot square with an apex top. This was one of the monuments damaged by vandals in February 2006 (other monuments damaged the same night included Smith’s New York Battery and that of the 11th Massachusetts). Fortunately, unlike with the other two monuments, the damage to the 114th Pennsylvania Monument was easily repaired and the monument was fully restored.

105th Pennsylvania Infantry

The 105th Pennsylvania Infantry served as members of Graham’s Brigade in Birney’s Division of the Third Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.

A granite shaft incised at the top with the Third Corps diamond symbol is adorned on the front with a bronze relief plaque depicting a Wild Cat and a bronze relief plaque depicting the state seal. The location indicates the position held by the 105th prior to retiring on July 2, 1863. 105th Pennsylvania Gettysburg August 2008

Dedicated: Sept. 11, 1889.

Location: Located at the northeast corner of the intersection of Emmitsburg Road and United States Avenue.  The location indicates the position held by the 105th prior to retiring on July 2, 1863.

Description: A granite shaft incised at the top with the Third Corps diamond symbol is adorned on the front with a bronze relief plaque depicting a Wild Cat and a bronze relief plaque depicting the state seal. Monument is a 3.3 foot square, rough hewn granite shaft with a cross gable top and set on a 6.6 foot square triple rough hewn base. The shaft has polished inscription panels around the shaft, and a bronze state seal and a bronze relief of a wild cat on the west face. Overall height is 15.4 feet. Flanking marker is one foot square with an apex top.

68th Pennsylvania Infantry

The 68th Pennsylvania Infantry served as members of Graham’s Brigade in Birney’s Division of the Third Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by two monuments.

Monument to the 68th Pennsylvania Infantry. duplicate (20391) duplicate (20390) Gettysburg April 2011

Dedicated: 1886.

Location: Emmitsburg Road, the Peach Orchard. Located on the east side of Emmitsburg Road at the Peach Orchard north of Birney Avenue.

Description: Monument consists of a base, die and shaft topped with an urn finial. The monument indicates the advance position held by the 68th Pennsylvania Infantry when contesting the advance of Kershaw’s Brigade on the afternoon of on July 2, 1863. Monument is a eleven foot square white marble shaft topped with an urn and set on a 2.6 foot square base. The base has an inscription cut into the west face. Overall height is 10.2 feet. It was erected by surviving members of the regiment. This monument is made entirely of marble.

68th Pennsylvania Infantry

The 68th Pennsylvania Infantry served as members of Graham’s Brigade in Birney’s Division of the Third Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by two monuments.

Monument to the 68th Pennsylvania Infantry. duplicate (20399) duplicate (20398) Gettysburg April 2011

Dedicated: July 2, 1888.

Location: North side of Wheatfield Road at Peach Orchard. Near the Wentz house ruins. The monument marks the first position held by the regiment when Sickles’ line was moved up to Emmitsburg Road and in support of Clark’s New Jersey battery.

Description: A square granite monument topped with the Third Corps diamond symbol is adorned on the front with a bronze relief plaque depicting the Pennsylvania state seal. The monument rests atop a two-tiered base. Monument is a three foot square polished granite shaft that has a stepped cross-gable cap with an inverted red granite lozenge on the top and set on a six foot square rough hewn base. Inscriptions are located on the south, east, and west sides with a bronze state seal on the south face. Overall height is 12.4 feet. Flanking marker is one foot square with a polished gable top and inscriptions.

63rd Pennsylvania Infantry

The 63rd Pennsylvania Infantry served as members of Graham’s Brigade in Birney’s Division of the Third Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.

63rd Pennsylvania Gettysburg August 2007

Dedicated: Sept. 11, 1889.

Location: Located at the northwest corner of the intersection of Emmitsburg Road and Wheatfield Road. It is enclosed on two sides by a War Department board fence. The monument marks the general position held by skirmishers of the 63rd Pennsylvania on July 2, 1863.

Description: A cylindrical granite monument topped with the Third Corps diamond symbol is adorned on the front with a bronze relief plaque depicting the Pennsylvania state seal. Monument is a cylindrical granite shaft that is twelve foot in circumference that has a rough and smooth striped dome cap containing a four-sided diamond finial and set on a cylindrical, tapered rough hewn base that is 16.4 foot-in-circumference. The shaft has raised inscription panels and a bronze state seal on the east face. Overall height is 11.5 foot.