McMillan Woods

McMillan Woods Tablet.

DSC_0010

Erected: 1896.

Location: Located on east side of the woods at West Confederate Avenue.

Description: One of thirty-five site tablets. Cast iron site tablet was designed by E.B. Cope. Mounted on fluted post, overall height is three feet. Woods were used to shelter CS infantry & artillery fire on July 2 & 3, 1863; Confederate entrenchments are located within woods.

Advertisements