Meredith Avenue Tablet.
Location: Two tablets, located at intersection with Reynolds Avenue and where Meredith Avenue merges with Stone Avenue. Named after General Meredith who commanded brigade in Reynolds US 1st Corps. Built in 1904, Meredith/Stone Avenue connects Reynolds Avenue with Chambersburg Pike. Realigned and regraded at curve, west end of Meredith Avenue, by NPS circa 1934 to accommodate increased automotive speeds.
Description: Cast iron avenue tablet designed by E.B. Cope. Mounted on fluted post, overall height is three feet.