Slocum Avenue

Slocum Avenue Tablet.

Slocum Avenue sign. Gettysburg June 2012

Erected: 1896.

Location: Two tablets, located at the beginning of Avenue at Geary Avenue. Built between 1884 and 1887, Slocum Avenue begins at intersection Colgrove & East Confederate Avenues and extends to Baltimore Pike.

Description: Cast iron avenue tablet designed by E.B. Cope. Mounted on fluted post, overall height is three feet.

Advertisements