Crawford Avenue Tablet.
Location: Located near intersection with Wheatfield Road and Crawford Avenue; and at Warren and Crawford. Built in 1895 by the War Dept through “Valley of Death,” where Crawford’s Division was heavily engaged on July 2, 1863. From the avenue a clear view of Federal stronghold on summit of Little Round Top can be seen. Provides access to Devil’s Den from Wheatfield Road. Cattle guards were added at both ends of avenue when Little Round Top was converted to pasture use in 1980-1981.
Description: Cast iron avenue tablet designed by E.B. Cope. Mounted on fluted post, overall height is three feet.