Buford Avenue Tablet.
Erected: 1896. The avenue was altered in 1902.
Location: Tablet is located at intersection of Buford Avenue and Reynolds Avenue. Buford Avenue was constructed in 1882 by War Department for circulatory purposes & to mark the position of a portion of Buford’s command during 1st Day Engagement. Connects north portion of Reynolds Avenue with SW end of North Confederate Avenue at Mummasburg Road.
Description: Cast iron avenue tablet designed by E.B. Cope. Mounted on fluted post, overall height is three feet. Sign has been broken and was repaired. Crack is visible on face of tablet.