Birney Avenue Tablet.
Location: Tablet is located at intersection of Birney Avenue with Emittsburg Road. Avenue, constructed in 1910, intersects Wheatfield Road to the north and Emmitsburg Road to the west, encircling Sherfy’s Peach Orchard on east & south sides.
Description: Cast iron avenue tablet designed by E.B. Cope. Mounted on fluted post, overall height is three feet. Named for General D.E. Birney, Commander of Division of 3rd Union Corps.