Berdan Avenue Tablet – one tablet.
Location: Avenue is located in Pitzer Woods and extends to West Confederate Avenue; constructed in 1887, it was altered in 1900. Tablet is located at intersection of Berdan Avenue with West Confederate Avenue.
Description: Cast iron avenue tablet designed by E.B. Cope. Mounted on fluted post, overall height is three feet.
Constructed to demarcate the position of Berdan Sharpshooters sent forward to protect the advance of Sickles 3rd Union Corps toward Emmitsburg Road. Avenue is located in Pitzer Woods and extends to West Confederate Avenue.