General George Armstrong Custer commanded the Michigan Brigade of the Cavalry Corps.
Dedicated: July 2, 2008
Location: Intersection of Shrivers Corner Road and Hunterstown Road, Hunterstown, Pennsylvania.
Description: Small granite monument features relief of General G.A. Custer, commander of the Michigan Cavalry Brigade. Denotes fighting that took place on the so-called “North Cavalry battlefield” near the town of Hunterstown, Pennsylvania, on July 2, 1863. Erected by the by Grand Rapids and Holland/Zeeland Civil War Round Tables.