Bliss Farm Site (14th Connecticut Infantry)

The 14th Connecticut served as members of Smyth’s Brigade in Hays’ Division of the Second Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by two monuments at Gettysburg, a main monument along North Hancock Avenue and a secondary monument at the Bliss Barn. The regiment also erected a monument denoting the Bliss Barn center.

14th Connecticut

Dedicated:  1884.

Location: Bliss Farm Site. Accessible via West Confederate Avenue,  North Hancock Avenue, or the Emmitsburg Road.

Description: A small stone marker that denotes the center of the Bliss farmhouse which stood at this spot during the battle. There is a Second Corps trefoil on the top of the marker.

Save

Advertisements