Right Flank of the Army of the Potomac

The right flank of the Army of the Potomac is marked by an iron tablet.

The Right of the Army of the Potomac, Infantry Monument. Right Flank Army of the Potomac Gettysburg May 2010

Dedicated: 1901.

Location: Located at South end of Neill Avenue on the summit of Wolf Hill.

Description: Denotes the location of the right flank of the Army of the Potomac on Wolf’s Hill. Marker is a cast-iron tablet on an iron post with a silver painted border and an incised inscription Right of the Infantry of the Army of the Potomac.” Overall height is 2.10 feet. Designed by E. B. Cope. Inscription “Right of the Infantry of the Army of the Potomac.” Tablet cast by Calvin Gilbert, founder.

Advertisements