The Cavalry Corps’ Second Brigade of Horse Artillery is honored by a monument.
Location: East Cavalry Field.
Description: Erected 1912. One of 74 Union brigade monuments erected at Gettysburg by the United States War Department to describe the movements and itinerary of each Union brigade of the Army of the Potomac. The monuments were designed by E.B. Cope. Many of the inscription tablets were made of bronze melted down from Civil War cannons. The pedestal consists of sea-green granite with a square base. Base tapers to a smaller dimension at the tablet. On each pedestal is mounted a bronze inscription tablet describing the movements and actions of the unit.
ARMY OF THE POTOMAC
CAVALRY CORPS HORSE ARTILLERY
Capt. John C. Tidball
1st U. S. Batteries E and G
Capt. Alanson M. Randol
July 2 and 3. With Cavalry on right under Brig. Gen. D. Mcm. Gregg.
1st U. S. Battery K
Capt. William M. Graham
July 3. With the Reserve Cavalry Brigade on extreme left.
2D U. S. Battery A
Lieut. John H. Calef
July 1. With First Brigade First Division on the right and left of Chambersburg Pike.
July 2. In front of Little Round Top.
3D U. S. Battery C
Lieut. William L. Fuller
With Second Brigade Second Division at Manchester. Not engaged.
Casualties Killed 2 Men Wounded 13 Men Total 15