This is one of ten tablets which describe the movements of the Army of Northern Virginia.
Location: West Confederate Avenue near the Schultz House.
Description: Erected 1901. One of ten rough hewn granite bases with bronze plaque affixed to the front that explain the movements of the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia during the Gettysburg Campaign. In storage for many years, they were replaced along Confederate Avenue in 2007.
Heth’s Division Hill’s Corps marched from Fayetteville to Cahstown. Pender’s and Anderson’s Divisions remaining at Fayetteville.
Johnson’s Division Ewell’s Corps countermarched from Carlisle to Greenville Penna. Rodes’s Division Ewell’s Corps remained at Carlisle and Early’s Division at York and Wrightsville.
Longstreet’s Corps remained in position near Chambersburg.
Three Brigades of Stuart’s Cavalry Division marched through Cooksville, Sykesville, and Westminster MD. to Union Mills MD.