This is one of ten tablets which describe the movements of the Army of Northern Virginia.
Location: West Confederate Avenue near the Schultz House.
Description: Erected 1901. One of ten rough hewn granite bases with bronze plaque affixed to the front that explain the movements of the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia during the Gettysburg Campaign. In storage for many years, they were replaced along Confederate Avenue in 2007.
Rodes’s and Johnson’s Division Ewell’s Corps were at Carlisle. Jenkins’s Cavalry Brigade was sent to reconnoitre the defenses of Harrisburg. Early’s Division Ewell’s Corps marched from Berlin by way of Weiglestown to York. Gordon’s Brigade Early’s Division marching on through York to Wrightsville on the Susquehanna River.
Hill’s corps in camp at Fayetteville. Longstreet’s Corps at or near Chambersburg.
Hampton’s, Chambliss’s and Fitz Lee’s Brigades Stuart’s Division marched via Darnestown and Rockville, MD.