This is one of ten tablets which describe the movements of the Army of Northern Virginia.
Location: West Confederate Avenue near the Schultz House.
Description: Erected 1901. One of ten rough hewn granite bases with bronze plaque affixed to the front that explain the movements of the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia during the Gettysburg Campaign. In storage for many years, they were replaced along Confederate Avenue in 2007.
Ewell’s Corps marched before dawn from the base of Culp’s Hill and the streets of Gettysburg to Seminary Ridge and the Army remained in position on that Ridge throughout the day. Soon after dark Hill’s Corps withdrew and began the march via Fairfield and Waynesborough on the Hagerstown Road.
Pickett’s and McLaws’s Divisions Longstreet’s Corps followed during the night.