This is one of ten tablets which describe the movements of the Army of Northern Virginia.
Location: West Confederate Avenue near the Schultz House.
Description: Erected 1901. One of ten rough hewn granite bases with bronze plaque affixed to the front that explain the movements of the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia during the Gettysburg Campaign. In storage for many years, they were replaced along Confederate Avenue in 2007.
Pickett’s Division Longstreet’s Corps arrived on the field early in the morning.
Robertson’s and Jones’s Brigades Stuart’s Cavalry Division marched from Chambersburg via Cashtown and Fairfield to a position on the right flank of the Confederate Army. Jones’s Brigade had a severe fight with the 6th United States Cavalry near Fairfield Penna.
Imboden’s Brigade of Mounted Infantry reached the field at noon.