This is one of nine tablets which describe the movements of the Army of the Potomac.
Location: East Cemetery Hill, the Baltimore Pike.
Description: Erected 1901. One of nine rough hewn granite bases with bronze plaque affixed to the front that explain the movements of the Union Army of the Potomac during the Gettysburg Campaign. These tablets were in storage for many years.
Headquarters of the Army moved to Gettysburg. Second, Fifth and Sixth Corps, Lockwood’s Brigade from the Middle Department, First and Third Brigades Second Cavalry Division, Third Cavalry Division and the Artillery Reserve reached the field. First and Second Brigades First Cavalry Division marched from Gettysburg to Taneytown and Merritt’s Reserve Brigade of First Division from Mechanicsburg to Emmitsburg.
Battle of Gettysburg (Second Day)
Skirmishes at Hunterstown and near Chambersburg Penna.