This is one of ten tablets which describe the movements of the Army of Northern Virginia.
Location: West Confederate Avenue near the Schultz House.
Description: Erected 1901. One of ten rough hewn granite bases with bronze plaque affixed to the front that explain the movements of the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia during the Gettysburg Campaign. In storage for many years, they were replaced along Confederate Avenue in 2007.
McLaws’s and Hood’s Divisions Longstreet’s Corps marched from Marsh Creek to the field at Gettysburg. Law’s Brigade Hood’s Division marched from New Guilford to Gettysburg arriving about noon. Pickett’s Division Longstreet’s Corps marched from Chambersburg and arrived in the vicinity of Gettysburg soon after sunset.
Stuart’s Cavalry Division marched from Carlisle via Hunterstown to near Gettysburg. Hampton’s Cavalry Brigade being in front had an engagement with Union Cavalry in the evening at Hunterstown Penna.
Robertson’s and Jones’s Brigades Stuart’s Cavalry Division marched from Greencastle to Chambersburg.