Daniels’ Brigade of Rodes’ Division of Ewell’s Second Corps, Army of Northern Virginia is honored by two monuments.
Dedicated: December 19, 1910.
Location: East Confederate Avenue, east slope of Culp’s Hill. Located on East side of East Confederate Avenue, in woods at base of Culp’s Hill.
Description: One of 64 Confederate brigade monuments. Monolith consisting of polished smooth red Maine granite pedestal with a circular base. On each pedestal is mounted a bronze inscription tablet describing the movements and actions of the unit. Erected by the U.S. War Department and designed by E.B. Cope. They indicate the general location of the centers of the various Confederate brigades and artillery battalions during several phases of the battle. Bronze from melted Civil War cannons was used to create many of the inscription tablets.