Artillery Reserve , Army of the Potomac Monument

The Monument to the Artillery Reserve, Army of the Potomac.

Artillery Reserve AOP Monument Gettysburg May 2009

Dedicated: December 1906.

Location: Located west side of Taneytown Road at Pleasonton Avenue.

Description: A rectangular granite monument, with a large bronze tablets thereon, describing the engagements and movements of each army corps.

Inscription:

ARMY OF THE POTOMAC
ARTILLERY RESERVE
Brigadier General Robert 0. Tyler
Captain James M. Robertson

Headquarters Guard
Thirty Second Massachusetts Infantry Co. C Captain Josiah G. Fuller

First Regular Brigade Captain Dunbar R. Ransom
Four Batteries

First Volunteer Brigade Lieutenant Colonel Freeman McGilvery
Four Batteries

Second Volunteer Brigade Captain Elijah D. Taft
Four Batteries

Third Volunteer Brigade Captain James F Huntington
Four Batteries

Fourth Volunteer Brigade Captain Robert H. Fitzhugh
Five Batteries

Train Guard
Fourth New Jersey (Seven Companies) Major Charles Ewing

Casualties Killed 2 Officers 41 Men Wounded 15 Officers 172 Men Captured or Missing 12 Men Total 242

 

Advertisements