The headquarters marker for Major General Winfield Scott Hancock, commander of the Second Corps, Army of the Potomac.
Dedicated: June 1913.
Location: Located north side Pleasonton Avenue, between Humpherys Avenue and Hancock Avenue.
Description: One of ten Civil War US Headquarter Markers in the Park. Consists of cast iron cannon tube, 4.5-inch rifled siege gun, mounted on a granite base. Erected by the Gettysburg National Parks Commission. Designed by Emmor B. Cope of the War Department. Rough-hewn, coursed, 3 part base, 3’2″sq, 2’7″H. Cannon tube mounted upright on base. Overall 10’6″H. Bronze inscription tablet & location tablet on West side facing public roads and park avenues.
Army of the Potomac
2d. Corps Headquarters
Winfield S. Hancock
July 1,2,3,4 1863