The headquarters marker for Major General Oliver O. Howard, commander of the Eleventh Corps, Army of the Potomac.
Dedicated: June 1913.
Location: Located east side of Baltimore Pike on East Cemetery Hill. It denotes the location of the Eleventh Corps headquarters.
Description: One of ten Civil War US Headquarter Markers in the Park. Consists of cast iron cannon tube, 4.5-inch rifled siege gun, mounted on a granite base. Erected by the Gettysburg National Parks Commission. Designed by Emmor B. Cope of the War Department. Rough-hewn, coursed, 3 part base, 3’2″sq, 2’7″H. Cannon tube mounted upright on base. Overall 10’6″H. Bronze inscription tablet & location tablet on West side facing public roads and park avenues.
Army of the Potomac
11th. Corps Headquarters
Oliver O. Howard
July 1, 2, 3, 4, 1863