The headquarters marker for Major General George G. Meade, commander of the Army of the Potomac.
Dedicated: June 1913.
Location: Located at the Leister Farm along former Meade Avenue. Denotes the location of General Meade’s headquarters at the Leister Farm.
Description: One of ten Civil War US Headquarter Markers in the Park. Bronze cannon mounted on a granite base. Erected by the Gettysburg National Parks Commission. Designed by Emmor B. Cope of the War Department. Rough-hewn, coursed, 3 part base, 3’2″sq, 2’7″H. Cannon tube mounted upright on base. Overall 10’6″H. Inscription tablet on north side and faces public roads and park avenues.