The headquarters marker for Lieut. General James Longstreet, commander of the First Corps of the Army of Northern Virginia.
Location: West Confederate Avenue, South of Millerstown Road. Denotes the approximate location of General Longstreet’s headquarters which were located in the rear of Seminary Ridge.
Description: Erected by the Gettysburg National Parks Commission. Designed by Emmor B. Cope of the War Department. One of four Civil War CSA Headquarter Markers in the Park. Consists of a heavy 12-pounder bronze cannon mounted on a granite base. Bronze inscription tablet on west face.
Army of Northern Virginia
1st Corps Headquarters
Major Genl. Lafayette McLaws
Major Genl. George E. Pickett
Major Genl. John B. Hood
July 1,2,3,4,5. 1863
These Headquarters were located at a
school house 900 yards westerly