The Fifth Corps Monument honors the service of the Fifth Corps of the Army of the Potomac.
Dedicated: June 1898.
Location: Sedgwick Avenue. Located on the east side of Sedgwick Avenue south of the Wheatfield Road.
Description: Marks location of Union V Corps headquarters on July 2-5 1863. One of earliest of any headquarters markers in Park. Marker is a granite shaft with a concave cylindrical pedestal and cap and a conical apex top. The shaft has a Maltese Cross of the Fifth Corps on all four faces. The base is 3.1 foot square. Overall height is 6.6 feet.