Colonel Charles F. Taylor commanded the 13th Pennsylvania Reserves Regiment. The spot where he fell is marked with a monument.
Dedicated: November 1905.
Location: Ayres Avenue near main regimental monument. Located on the north side of the loop in Ayres Avenue. Marks place where Colonel Charles Frederick Taylor, commanding regiment, fell on July 2, 1863 and died “sword in hand at the head of his regiment, for the land he loved.”
Description: Marker is a rough hewn granite monolith with polished panels on the east and west sides with incised inscriptions and likeness of a cap and bucktail. Overall height is 4.7 feet. A marker was initially placed in 1878, but it since removed and replaced by this monument.