Candy’s Brigade is honored by a monument.
Dedicated: September 18, 1902.
Location: Located east of Sedgwick Avenue.
Description: Marks area occupied by Candy’s Brigade of the Union XII Corps on the night of July 1, 1863 and morning of July 2, 1863, prior to being ordered to Culp’s Hill. Marker is a rough hewn granite shaft set on a 4.10×1.4 foot rough hewn base. Bronze inscription tablet mounted on the west below a five-pointed star. “1st Brig. 2nd Div. 12 Corps” inscribed in raised letters on the base.