Captain Henry Fuller served as the commander of Company F of the 64th New York. The spot where he fell is marked with a monument.
Dedicated: July 1894.
Location: Located near northwest limits of Rose Woods, west of the regimental monument of the 64th New York Volunteers. Near Rose’s Run. Marks the location where Captain Henry Fuller was killed on July 2, 1863.
Description: Captain Fuller was born in 1841 in Cattaraugus County. He joined the 64th New York at age 20 as a private, eventually rising to the captaincy of F company. His promotions to both first lieutenant and captain were for conspicuous bravery and gallantry in battle. The monument was dedicated in July 1894 and erected by the surviving members of the regiment. Marker is a rough hewn granite monolith with a slanted, polished face that contains a bronze inscription tablet. Overall height is 2.6 feet.