Union Brig. Gen. Alexander Hays commanded the Third Division of the Second Corps in the Army of the Potomac.
Installed before July 1, 1919.
Location: Located at the northwest corner of Ziegler’s Grove fronting Hancock Avenue.
Description: A standing portrait of General Hays holding a sword in each hand. The sculpture is mounted on rough granite base adorned with an inscription tablet on the front and a bronze tablet of bearing the Pennsylvania State seal. The monument is one of several that the Pennsylvania State Assembly appropriated money for on July 24, 1913. In September 2004, this monument was vandalized when thieves stole the sword.