Union Brig. Gen. Abner Doubleday commanded the Third Division of the First Corps in the Army of the Potomac.
Dedicated: Sept. 25, 1917.
Location: Located on the east side of Reynolds Avenue near intersection with Meredith Avenue. Memorial is placed in the approximate center center of his Division line on July 1, 1863, prior to the retreat towards Seminary Ridge.
Description: A standing portrait of General Doubleday holding his sword in his proper left hand and a pair of binoculars in his proper right hand. The sculpture rests atop a square base adorned with a bronze inscription plaque and a circular bronze plaque depicting the New York state seal. The monument is placed in the center of Doubleday’s division line on July 1, 1863. Monument was erected by the state of New York (he was a native of Ballston Spa). The monument cost $7,357.00. Overall height is 20 feet.