Captain David Acheson served as commander of Company C, 140th Pennsylvania Infantry. The spot where he fell and was temporarily buried is memorialized by a rock carving.
Dedicated: 1863. In 1868, a former member of the 140th Pennsylvania deepened the “D.” and the “A” and added the “140 P.V.”
Location: Located near the Weikert Farm Lane.
Description: This boulder, carved by a member of his regiment, served as his headstone until his body could be recovered. He was re-buried on July 15, 1863 near his home in Washington.