The 7th Wisconsin Infantry served as members of Meredith’s Iron Brigade in Wadsworth’s Division of the First Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument and a position stone.
Dedicated June 30, 1888.
Location: Located on the west side of Meredith / Stone Avenue. The monument marks the advance positions of the 7th Wisconsin Infantry on July 1, 1863.
Description: The five-pointed insignia of the Iron Brigade stands atop a two-course pedestal and tiered, rough-hewn base. There are decorative emblematic reliefs on three sides of the monument. It has a polished red granite shaft with inscriptions on all faces and topped with the Iron Brigade insignia set on a 4.6 foot square rough hewn base. Overall height is 11.4 foot. Flanking markers are flat topped and nine inches square.