The 2nd Wisconsin Infantry served as members of Meredith’s Iron Brigade in Wadsworth’s Division of the First Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument and two position stones.
Dedicated June 30, 1888.
Location: North Slocum Avenue, Stevens Knoll.
Description: Small stone monument denotes location of regiment’s “F” Company on July 2nd and 3rd in defense of Culp’s Hill and Steven’s Knoll.