The 4th United States Artillery – Battery K served as members of Randolph’s Brigade in the Third Corps of the Army of the Potomac. The battery is honored by a monument at Gettysburg.
Erected between 1907 and 1908.
Location: Located on East side of Emmitsburg Road, South of Klingel Farm. Locates positions occupied by Seeley’s Battery K, 4th US during Battle of Gettysburg, July 2, 1863.
Description: One of 45 monuments erected to units of the United States regular army on the battlefield. A red polished Jonesboro granite monolith that is set upon a concrete foundation with a descriptive 3’6’x3’7′ bronze tablet with the coat of arms of the United States in bronze. Inscription: