The 148th Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment served as members of Cross’ Brigade in Caldwell’s Division of the Second Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by two monuments.
Dedicated: Sept. 11, 1889.
Location: Located in Wheatfield, West of Ayres Avenue. The location of the monument marks the position held by regiment on the afternoon of July 2, 1863.
Description: Granite monument with trefoil reliefs, four corner columns, cap with relief shields, topped by finial of infantry accouterments, including draped drum and rifle. Flank markers have rough bases 4’11″x2’10″; shafts with trefoil top, 4’1″x2’3″.