The 147th Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment served as members of Candy’s Brigade in Geary’s Division of the Twelfth Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument, a secondary monument, and two position stones.
Dedicated: October 13, 1885
Location: Geary Avenue. Indicates position held July 2 evening and morning July 3, 1863.
Description: Star-shaped monument, insignia of the 12th Corps, is set atop a natural boulder. A relief of the State Coat of Arms is affixed to the front of the boulder. Monument is a 6.5×3 foot smooth cut granite star with an incised inscription on the rear and a regimental symbol incised on the front, and set on a rock foundation containing a bronze medallion. Flanking markers are one foot square.