The 147th Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment served as members of Candy’s Brigade in Geary’s Division of the Twelfth Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument, a secondary monument, and two position stones.
Location: Near the main monument on Geary Avenue, Pardee Field, Culp’s Hill.
Description: Small stone marker denotes the location of “G” Company during the July 3, 1863 battle. Position marker (1882) is 10×6 1/4 inches and is near the monument. It pre-dates the regimental monument.