The 119th Pennsylvania Infantry served as members of Russell’s Brigade in Wright’s Division of the Sixth Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by two monuments.
Dedicated: October 3, 1885.
Location: Big Round Top. Located near summit of Big Round Top along the walking trail.
Description: Tapered square monument with multi-tiered base and polished die with incised inscriptions, an arched cornice and an apexed top with a sphere finial. The entire monument sits atop a boulder. Monument is a polished tapered granite shaft with an apex top containing a sphere set on a smooth 4.6 foot base that rests on a native boulder. The shaft has incised inscriptions on all sides and an arched cornice with keystone and crosses below. Overall height is 8.5 feet.