The 115th Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment served as members of Burling’s Brigade in Birney’s Division of the Third Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.
Dedicated: Sept. 12, 1889.
Location: Wheatfield on the west side of Detrobriand Avenue. It indicates the position held by the 115th Pennsylvania Infantry at 4:30 P.M. on July 2, 1863 when it was engaged with Confederate advance.
Description: An eagle perches on a half-sphere atop a pedestal and tiered base. A diamond corps insignia appears on all four sides of the cap. A State Seal relief is affixed to the pedestal, below one of the diamonds. Monument is a 2.2 foot square polished granite shaft with an apex cap with a sculptured eagle set on a five foot square double base. Overall height is 12.7 foot. The shaft has incised inscriptions and a bronze state seal on the south face. The flanking markers are flat topped with inscriptions on the south faces, one foot square.