The 90th Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment served as members of Baxter’s Brigade in Robinson’s Division of the First Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by two monuments and a position stone.
Location: Ziegler’s Grove, North Hancock Avenue.
Description: A bronze eagle with its wings spread rests atop a carved granite drum which rests atop a granite shaft. On the front of the granite shaft is a bronze plaque depicting a soldier’s canteen surrounded by oak leaves. It indicates the position held by the 90th Pennsylvania Infantry on the early afternoon of July 1, 1863, when attacked by Rodes’ Division until compelled to retreat. Monument is a smooth granite shaft with a cap that contains a bronze drum and eagle set on a 4.6 foot square base. The shaft has incised and excised inscriptions, a bronze tablet on the left side and a bronze bas-relief on the right side. Overall height is 10.8 feet. Flanking markers are ten inches square.