The 84th Pennsylvania Infantry served as members of Carr’s Brigade in Humphreys’ Division of the Third Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.
Dedicated: Sept. 11, 1889.
Location: Pleasonton Avenue, in the area set aside for regiments that participated in the campaign but not the battle.
Description: Square tapered marker on a low rough-hewn base. It has an ornate, diamond-shaped cap, and relief ornaments include crossed swords and the Pennsylvania State Seal. Monument is a stepped/tapered shaft of pebble finish coursed granite topped with a crown composed of three-dimensional diamonds/lozenges, incised inscriptions, crossed gun bas-relief, and bronze tablet and set on a 6.10 foot square base. Overall height is 16.10 feet. Flanking markers are one foot square.