The 75th Pennsylvania Infantry served as a member of Kryzanwoski’s Brigade in Schurz’s Division, of the Eleventh Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by two monuments.
Dedicated: Oct. 6, 1888.
Location: South side of East Howard Avenue. It marks the position of the regiment on July 1, 1863, when they were attacked by Ewell’s Corps.
Description: Polished monument has a sphere finial, Gothic top and stands on a low, square base. The Pennsylvania Coat of Arms is affixed to the front of the die. Base is stepped with the lower 4.6 foot of smooth cut stone, while the upper part has a polished face. Flanking markers are polished stone one foot square.