The 35th Pennsylvania Infantry also known as the 6th Pennsylvania Reserves served as members of McCandless’ Brigade in Crawford’s Division of the Fifth Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.
Dedicated: Sept. 1890.
Location: Located on the north side of Wheatfield Road west of Crawford Avenue. The location of the monument marks the position held by the 6th Pennsylvania Reserve on the evening of July 2, 1863.
Description: Twenty-feet high. Granite obelisk on double base and plinth consisting of alternating courses of undressed red and white granite. Text inscription appears incised on polished panels at lower base of shaft. Monument is a three foot square obelisk that has alternating courses of red and white rough-hewn granite set on a six foot square double base. Shaft has inscriptions cut into polished panels.