The 29th Pennsylvania Infantry served as members of Kane’s Brigade in Geary’s Division of the Twelfth Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument and a secondary monument.
Dedicated: July 3, 1885.
Location: Slocum and Williams Avenues in the Culp’s Hill saddle. Located on the west side of Slocum Avenue near Williams Avenue.
Description: Four-sided marker has polished surfaces and an apexed cap. The 12th Corps star insignia appears at the top of each face. It indicates the position of the 29th Pennsylvania Infantry on the night of July 2, 1863 when returning to Culp’s Hill. It sits on a natural border of the hill. Monument is a monolithic granite shaft with polished faces and incised inscriptions on all sides and topped by a pyramidal cap. It is set on a four foot square smooth cut base. Overall height is 6.8 feet. Flanking markers are ten inches square.