The 1st Pennsylvania Artillery, Battery B served as members of Wainwright’s Brigade in the First Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by two monuments, a marker, and a position tablet at Gettysburg.
Location: East Cemetery Hill. Located near the main regimental monument on East Cemetery Hill.
Description: This now very faded marker was placed around 1879 and was one of the first monuments on the battlefield. In fact, it was the first artillery monument placed on the battlefield. The inscription is now completely illegible, unfortunately. Position marker (1879) is 3.11 foot-in-diameter and 4.9 foot high, composed of marble and sandstone.