The 107th Ohio Infantry Regiment served as members of Ames’ Brigade in Barlow’s Division of the Eleventh Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.
Dedicated: Sept. 14, 1887.
Location: Located on north Howard Avenue west of the Alms House Cemetery. Indicates position held by 107th Ohio July 1, 1863 from 2:30-4:00, suffering heavy casualties.
Description: Rectangular monument with an apexed cap stands on a square base. The Corps’ crescent insignia appears in relief on the front and rear sides of the cap. Base is stepped with the lower part 7×4.4 foot. Overall height is 4.6 foot. Flanking markers are 1.6 foot square. Left and right flank markers are located behind a house on Hillcrest Avenue.