The New York Officers Monument (also known as the New York Auxiliary Monument).
Dedicated: September 9, 1925. Nearly 100 veterans (2/3rds of whom fought in the battle) attended the 1925 dedication of the monument.
Location: South Hancock Avenue near the Pennsylvania Monument. Located on the east side of south Hancock Avenue.
Description: Semicircular wall monument is made up of eighteen panels with a seat below, running nearly the length of the wall. The New York State Coat of Arms appears in relief on the protruding center structure which is surmounted by a eagle with wings spread upward. The names of forty-one officers who commanded units at Gettysburg are listed. Granite walk to the monument that is 8×14 foot with two, eight-inch risers. Monument is a semi-circular granite shaft twenty-four foot in diameter topped by a spread wing eagle and set on a central projecting node base. The shaft is incised with inscriptions, excised coat-of-arms, and incised commanders’ names in the circular wall part.