The 1st Ohio Artillery, Battery L served as members of Martin’s Brigade of the Fifth Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.
Dedicated: Sept. 14, 1887.
Location: Sykes Avenue off Wheatfield Road. The memorial marks the spot occupied by the left section of Gibb’s battery on the morning of July 2, 1863, called to support Sykes V Corps. Cannons located near the battery monument have apparently been removed.
Description: Memorial comprised of a large granite block decorated with relief of crossed Napoleon tubes on front, and finial of cannon balls stacked in a pyramid. It has a sculpted relief of Napoleon tubes on the west face, inscription on the east side, and a Polished Maltese Cross on the north and south. Flanking markers are 1.2×2.4 foot.