The 107th New York Infantry Regiment served as members of Colgrove’s Brigade in Williams’ Division of the Twelfth Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument.
Dedicated: Sept. 17, 1888.
Location: Monument marks the position occupied by the 107th New York Infantry on July 2, 1863. It was pulled to support Union left and returned to this position July 3, 1863 after ousting the Confederates who had seized it. Located on the south side of Slocum Avenue near Spangler’s Spring.
Description: Rectangular columnic monument with an ornate cap stands on a tiered base. A tondo with a relief of the New York State Seal is affixed to the upper front of the monument. Monument is a multi-part granite shaft, stepped to a smooth cut taper that is topped with an articulated eave and capped with a cross gable and pyramidal top. It is set on a 6.4 foot square rough cut base that has a tooled edge. It has polished stone with excised lettering and inscriptions. Overall height is 15.1 feet. Flanking markers are one foot square.