The 104th New York Infantry served as members of Paul’s Brigade in Robinson’s Division of the First Corps, Army of the Potomac. The regiment is honored by a monument at Gettysburg.
Dedicated: Sept. 4, 1888.
Location: Monument is on the west-side of Robinson Avenue. It indicates the position first taken by the 104th New York Infantry shortly after arriving on this part of the field on the afternoon of July 1, 1863.
Description: Tapered shaft with a rough-hewn pedestal stands on a tiered, smooth and rough-hewn base. The faces of the shaft are polished. The monument is topped with a Corps disk insignia. There is a round State Seal relief affixed to the front of the pedestal. On the plinth, below the Seal is a relief of crossed sabers and laurel branches with a cartridge box in the center.